Thursday, December 21, 2017

Snow and Christmas!

Dear Blogging Friends:

It's that wonderful time of year now!  I do love Christmas!  However, it's quite busy for those of us who serve as church musicians!  But the music is so lovely now!

I even got to visit with Santa!  Of course I told him I was a good girl!!


Most of you know that I live in Mississippi.  That means that we have plenty of warm weather, most of the year!  I was quite surprised to wake up and find this a few days ago:

 

Marly suggested that everyone should show their decorations, and of course, I'm last minute, but here they are!!  Yes, it's time to show my trees this year!  I ended up putting up 5 this year!  I didn't do as much last year, and I guess I'm just feeling a little bit better this year.  My husband had only been gone a few months last year and I just did the best I could.  Things are better this year.


Here is Omar with the big tree in the living room.  This is the tree that is our family tree and where Santa came for years!

 

This year, I decided to put up my glass tree.  I hadn't put it up for about 3 or 4 years.  It was time!  It's always been my favorite, and all of a sudden I had too many ornaments for one tree....I must really like them a lot!  Ha!  So, I decided to put them on 2 trees and just enjoy them that way.  One is in the music room and one is in the dining room. The 2 rooms are across the foyer from each other.  I have some Christopher Radko, as well as some Dollar Tree ornaments, all hanging together!  I love them!


This is my cross stitch tree.  It's the same small tree that I use for all the different holidays.  I really need to do some more stitching and have a bigger tree for them!  Maybe one day!  Even though I'm a cat person, I have always loved Snoopy, so I have some Snoopys sitting under the tree!!  


This is taken from my foyer, and you can see the big tree and one of the glass trees, along with the little cross stitch tree.  The other glass tree is in the dining room to the left, but I am not good enough with the photography to get it in the same photo!


Here's the little pencil tree in the breakfast room.  It's got Mississippi State stuff on it.  I didn't go to MSU--my husband and son did.  I'm hoping to send the box of ornaments to my son's house after Christmas.....I think they need it more than I do!!

My music tree and the Star Trek/Space trees didn't get done this year.  But that's ok.  There's next year!  And I think the Space stuff needs to go to my son's house, as well!  I was lucky this year and got my wonderful handyman to come and set up all the trees for me!  It was so much easier than waiting for family or someone to come and get it done.  That big one is quite heavy and awkward, so this worked out great.  And yes, he's coming back to take them down and pack them up!

I didn't do a lot of other decorating, but I put some balls around in pretty bowls.  I used a few of my mother's old glass bowls, and they look nice and hold great memories. These are some antique balls from my husband's mother.  They're sitting on my mother's furniture and by her lamp.  I love having family pieces around.


We can't have a post without precious Zoe!  Here is a reindeer, happy but refusing to wear her antlers!

Cross stitch friends are the greatest!  I have met so many lovely people through this blog!  My dear friend Catherine of I Love to Stitch sent me a lovely package recently!  It was a long day, and I was so excited to find an envelope from her in the mailbox!  Look at these lovely things!


She sent a wonderful chart, which I love, as well as some sparkly fabric that looks like snow!!  So pretty!  And she made a scissor fob that I love--I don't even own one, so I'm thrilled to have this one.  And she also made 2 beautiful beaded snowflakes, which are so sparkly and shiny!  Here's one on my tree!  I just love them and appreciate being thought of!!!!  Thank you so much, Catherine!


I have some closeup photos of ornaments, that I will post before Christmas!  I love to just sit and admire my trees!  I'll be back soon with those photos!  Plus some bird photos, too!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!  Come back and visit again soon!
Frances

15 comments:

Vickie said...

Your trees are truly gorgeous Frances. Omar too! Zoe is so very cute. What lovely gifts from Catherine. Merry Christmas my friend!

Kay said...

Frances, your trees are so beautiful. Wishing you peace and happiness this Christmas. x

Purple Pixie Dust said...

My you have allot of wonderful ornaments on your trees. I love them all. Nicely done. Zoe makes a cute reindeer. Have a very wonderful Christmas. big hugs

Justine said...

Wow Frances your trees look fantastic! Zoe is so cute, always smiling for the camera. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Carol said...

It's so funny that you got snow in the south when we were getting nothing in western PA! It is so lovely to look out at--gives the whole earth such a sparkling clean finish :)


Love the photos of your amazing trees and sweet Zoe--I know she will make your Christmas extra special, Frances!

Andrea said...

Such beautiful trees, the family one is just amazing.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful festive season. Enjoy!

KimM said...

Oh, Frances! I love your trees and your gorgeous home. I especially like your little Rudolph 🎅😍
xxx

Karen said...

All of your trees are so pretty!

marly said...

Zoe is so darn cute! Love seeing her.

I have to say I am totally in awe of the number of ornaments you have. Your trees are spectacular!! What a collection you have. I can imagine what a stunning view your visitors have when entering that foyer. Now I want to go to Kraynak's after Christmas sale and buy a lot of glass ornaments. Merry Christmas!

Beth said...

Look at you with Santa and 'deer' Zoe! Very pretty trees Frances - I hope you enjoy them all - my sister also collects Radko. Merry Christmas to you!

Shelly said...

Wonderful trees! Zoe is a cutie! Merry Christmas to you and yours Frances!

Marilyn said...

All of your trees are fabulous!
Zoe is too cute.
Marilyn

Angela Tucker said...

Merry Christmas Frances! Such lovely trees! I am lucky if I get up one tree. I really need to expand my stitched ornament collection, too. I have...NONE! LOL It seems that I always give mine away. LOL

Zoe is the perfect reindeer! Have a wonderful Christmas filled with family and love.

AnaCristina said...

Oh...so lovely!

diamondc said...

Frances: Your trees are positively beautiful.
Love that little Zoe, what a little charmer she is, even without the antlers she looks cute with the little red nose.
I am so happy you like what I sent.

Happy New Year
Catherine