Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Glorious fabrics!

Well, I still don't have much stitching to show.....it's the end of the semester...I've had papers due, but I'm turning in the last one tomorrow!!!  YAY!   Then there's only 2 classes in the Spring and I'm through!  What a great feeling!
There are no cross stitch stores anywhere near me.  BUT, a new fabric store opened close to my house, and it's just lovely!  My dear cross-stitching friend Janie was down for a visit (from IN) and we checked out the store!  WOW!!  We were both in heaven.  Janie also quilts, so she was really looking and familiar with all the designer names!  I just looked and admired!
I bought a few pieces of BEE-related fabric!  Janie had been to a quilt retreat and brought some gorgeous squares someone had left there "for the taking"!!!  I love all of them and will be able to use them in finishing for little strips or edging, etc.

Look at all this lusciousness!!!!

I feel like Christmas came early!!!  This has me in the mood to stitch SO BADLY!  I have to finish my Christmas trees today and hopefully can stitch for a month or so before school starts back!  Won't that be wonderful!!!

Thank you for all your suggestions and help on my no-reply status!!!  That makes me so unhappy because I went through this before.  I changed and did all of the recommended stuff and folks told me it was great!  Then recently, it's not great!  Well, in my reading it seems that your account can flip back with no notice.....it's something to do with Blogger and Google +    Anyway, I have hopefully fixed it.  PLEASE let me know if it's not.  (so I can fret about it some more!!! LOL!!)

Thank you for stopping by and please come back soon!
Frances

6 comments:

Jacqueline Morris said...

Wonderful!!!!
Oh my!!
I would LOVE to have a wonderful shop like that near me!!
Love your new fabric purchases.. especially the bee ones! They are brilliant :)
Oh wonderful bright colours, cannot wait to see what you do with them all :)
Smiles :)

Kay said...

How wonderful to have such great shop nearby. I don't have a fabric shop or a cross stitch shop either and when I do get to one it is such fun. x

Carol said...

Oh, I'm so envious of your new fabric shop, Frances--looks like it is filled with goodies :)

Best of luck with finishing up the semester. My youngest son is in grad school and is, like you, super busy with papers and studying for finals... I'm sure you're looking forward to more stitching time in between semesters...

KimM said...

Wow - great fabrics! I hope you no-reply has been fixed. It can be annoying and disheartening when that happens.
xxx

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Excellent purchase and choice!
Bees love:-)

Annette-California said...

WOW great haul from the new fabric store. I spied some instrument fabric:)
I hope you ACE every test and paper. My son is also has been super busy with the last few weeks of school. I've been holding my breath - LOL. Then he graduates WOOHOO!!! So hang in there.
love Annette